We are celebrating with healthy zucchini pancakes. You better believe we celebrate with pancakes around here! It’s the one year blogiversary of this little neck of the internet! I just can’t believe all the things we have learned in a year. Or how many of you I’ve gotten to know in this awesome community. So everyone come on over, I’ll make pancakes to order and we can celebrate and then go workout 🙂
These zucchini pancakes are insanely healthy, I have made them for 3 Saturdays in a row and don’t plan on stopping this trend anytime soon. These gluten free, protein packed pancakes are super fluffy and have just enough cinnamon to start reminding me that fall is on the way. HORRAY! But until then I’ll just fill my belly with chocolate zucchini muffins, zoodles, Buddah bowls and of course PANCAKES. You know a girl needs some variety in her life.
Dave and I were trying to figure out what we wanted to do to celebrate this year of blogging. I suggested a giveaway but we wanted it to be something personal. So we are giving away our Protein Pancake E-book! This Protein Pancake E-Book has 12 protein packed, gluten free pancakes. There is even a vegan pancake. Y’all it took me forever to come up with a good vegan gluten free pancake that was still packed with protein. But it’s there and it’s fabulous!
Look out for some exciting changes taking place here over the next month. My personal training certification really lit a fire under my butt and we are doing big things to launch new service, including a stellar online personal training program with a TON of extras! If you are interested, let me know, I will add you to the list, as I am offering discounts for the launch! So tell your friends!
I want to quickly reflect on the year. Showing up everyday with new content has been an insane journey. When Dave and I started blogging was so tedious, we spent hours on posts that no one read. I was taking iPhone pictures (just not very well – tell me your secrets you awesome iPhone picture takers), we had no idea about SEO or social media. To be honest, I only got Facebook in late 2012, I am not really a “share my business with the world” kind of girl. But I took the leap and it’s been so fantastic. The scared, frightened feeling I had that no one was ever going to
like me visit our site was soon replaced by stellar friendships and connections I wouldn’t trade for the world.
By the way check out our awesome header at the top of the page. It was up there for a good 6 months and displays all the things in life I love. My food, my dogs, and my workouts! So excited Dave surprised me with adding this back today to celebrate! He’s my tech guy, if you have WordPress problems or want a redesign (among other services), hit him up at Blog-Rite, he’s so good at it and happy to help!
We started PancakeWarriors as a way to share our journey of healthy living, including healthy recipes and easy to follow workouts with others. I know how difficult my journey was to achieving to a healthier lifestyle, and anything I can do to make that process easier for others brings me immense joy! I continue to learn something new everyday and will keep sharing my message that healthy food doesn’t have to be bland or boring. Food should feed the soul and heal your health.
So celebrate with us by making these awesome healthy zucchini pancakes or one of the pancakes from the E-book. Be sure to tag me on social with a picture, it will make my day!
- 1 cup grated zucchini, squeezed
- 6 egg whites
- 2 scoops vanilla protein powder (I used MRM Veggie)
- 2 tbs. coconut flour
- ½ cup Greek Yogurt
- 1 tbs. chia seeds
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 2 tbs. hemp hearts (optional)
- Grate the zucchini and squeeze out as much water as you can. Place aside
- Add egg whites a large bowl. Whisk for 1 minute with a fork to get fluffy.
- Add greek yogurt and stir. Add protein powder, coconut flour, chia seeds, and cinnamon. Stir to combine.
- Add zucchini, vanilla extract and optional hemp hearts and stir to combine.
- Add baking powder and stir until all the baking powder is combined.
- Preheat griddle or large pan over medium heat.
- Divide the batter between 8-9 pancakes. Cook for 5 minutes on one side.
- Flip pancakes and cook an additional 3-5 minutes until done. To check if they are done, you can press on the top of the pancakes. If they feel firm all the way through they are done!
- This makes 8 pancakes. I usually have 3 for breakfast (after teaching spin) so you may have leftovers if it's just you 🙂
What about you?
- How do you celebrate work anniversaries?
- What’s your favorite pancake?
- What else should I make with my zucchini obsession?